Thursday, March 17, 2011

Adventures with vomit

So life is always interesting with 6 kids. Right now I am so tired I don't know why I am even trying to do a post but, if not now then I don't know if it will happen. Last night my 2 oldest wanted to stay up late and play video games. No problem-It's Spring Break! I kept hearing some noise and was going to be upset with them. My thinking was that they were fighting and I was wondering why they can't ever seem to get along! Much to my suprise and horror they were getting along just fine. I was pleased to see that the were getting along and being very helpful their little sister. Horror because E had thrown up in her sleep. They were getting her out of the top bunk and stripping the sheets. I got the shower started and then laundry started. Mike was scrubbing E and helping her get clean pajamas. On closer inspection the boys and S found that vomit had made it to all three of the girls beds!!! Now we have to relocate all of them! Everyone finally gets to bed and we have a couple more trips to the bathroom by E. I think we will finally get everyone to sleep and we hear the pitter-patter of little feet (again) and the tell tale splashing and what do I find?..Twin #2! N is now sick also. At this point I have the giggles because how funny is it that puke hit all 3 beds and I have switched laundry twice and I have a class in the morning. Mike just told me to stop laughing, its not really funny but it kinda is! We were up all night!!! The girls seem just fine today and were coloring when I staggered out of the house for my class and playing outside when I got home. How do they bounce back so fast? I am ready for bed right now......but I need to find some inspiration and energy to make dinner.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my heaven sakes...poor babies!!! You're so tough Jenny!

Unknown said...

It really wasn't funny. I was tired all week.